Monday, July 27, 2009

The Beginning & What Drove Me Back.

I figured now would be a great time to pick up blogging...again! I believe that if you want to move past something you should get it out in the open. Those who want to partake in my blog can...those who don't...well they don't have to. I'm easy going like that!

With that being said I think I will begin with what actually drove me back to blogging. After my recent divorce on June 29th I have found myself facing a lot of daily struggles and honestly I'm just not sure how to handle them all so I figured maybe this would help. It's worth a try right? I have been dealing with trying to find health insurance, buying a house, and of course all the extra little ins and outs of a day. I have found myself feeling very alone and no where to turn so I figured I'd start here....

Health Insurance: I didn't have much of a warning that the kids & I would be losing our health insurance as June 30th. I was first told we would be kept on insurance till open enrollment, which is around November. That then changed to mid July just a week before the divorce was to be final. And then to June 30th on the day of the divorce. I had already began my search for health insurance but it was now kicked into high gear. After making a few phone calls, searching online, and calling in a few favors I had a plan. I first started out with applying for CHIPS/Medicaid through the state for the kids. That is where I hit my first road block...I was denied. I make too much money. (WTF?!?! Okay.) So I started looking into several of my other options. I figured I'd go with Blue Cross Blue Shield. After all that is who we were with before the big "D". So after filling out mounds of paper work I received a nice little email on Friday (07/24) saying this, "Based on the information provided during your phone interview, we are unable to extend an offer of coverage. A detailed explanation of this decision will be sent to you shortly." What?!?! Are you kidding me! I am seriously at a loss as to where to even look/go now.

Buying A House: I never realized just the amount of papers one had to get copies of, sign, etc. for a house. I have already filled out one portion of loan papers and I thought I did amazingly well at understanding everything it was saying. But tonight I sat down to fill out what I call the more official loan papers and I couldn't even function. There are so many columns with numbers, places to sign and I have no clue what any of it means. So I gave up on it and decided to blog instead.

I know blogging is not going to solve either of the two problems above or anything I blog about in the future but I do believe it is going to be something that will help me in some way.

So now that an email has been sent to my loan officer letting her know that I NEED her help I am going to go cook my kids a nice home cooked meal...Sloppy Joe's...

No comments:

Post a Comment