Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Random Rant

I tend to find really "random" things that intrigue me.

Like today on Facebook I have 2 friend request from people I went to high school with. These people were not people that I was friends with so I tend to ask myself "why". Why do people request people they know nothing about to be their friends and why do people accept? I just have a hard time accepting someone as a "friend" when I know nothing about them. Except for about a handful of people, everyone on my "friends" list are my friends or family. People I like to keep up with in their lives via their facebook because my own busy life may keep me from calling or visiting.

With that being said I wanted to take my "why" a little further with "how". How many "friends" do my friends have. I literally went to everyone's page and jotted down how many friends each person had. So, for all my hard work I figured I would acknowledge the top 5 people with the most friends & tell you how I know them.

#1: Scott Biram: 1,140 friends: I know Scott from my childhood days. I believe at that time Scott was probably my cousin. I do not know anything about Scott except for what is on his Facebook page. I am assuming he is some type of musician and travels. Even coming to Houston in the future for a show I believe. Who knows maybe I will go and check Scott out.

#2: Crystal Yegge: 223 friends: I first met Crystal back in 2004 at Time Out (on Fairmont). Even though meeting her was a little uneasy for me at first I came to see that Crystal really is just a sweet, friendly person. And I am happy I met her. (Girl you can thank me later for not throwing all our business out there...lol.)

#3: Nathaniel Trevino: 195 friends: Wow! I have butterflies and I'm nervous about writing this one!!! My hands are literally shaking. I first met Nate in high school over 15 years ago. He was the sweet friend of the jerk guy I liked. My friendship with him has been a very important part of my life. I don't think he will ever fully know just how much his friendship means to me. Whew...glad that one is over!)

#4 & #5 were tied so I'm givng senority to the one I have known the longest...

#4: Laura Tingle: 149 friends: My sister. My friend. (tears) Even though my sister and I rarely see eye to eye I still love her very much. In our younger years she always seemed to be the weaker of us. But now, I see her as the strongest of us. She handles more in her life now than I could ever handle. She is probably one of the most kind hearted person one would ever meet. She is my best friend. She is my sister. And I am proud of her!

#5: Ceyselly Buse: 149 friends: Ceyselly is my co-worker. I have worked with her for a little over a year now. Even though she sits right outside my office we rarely talk. We tend to stay more up to date with each others lives by Facebook. Anytime I have asked her to do something she has always agreed to with a smile (even though she probably didn't want to...lol). Missed you at work today girl!!!

Now that my most popular 5 have had their moment of my time I have to ask another question....

While jotting down names and how many friends each had I came to my aunts. Her name is Sandara. Do you know I couldn't just write her name as Sandra on my paper. I had to write it as AUNT Sandra. Then when I got to my uncles it was the same thing. I couldn't just write Tom. I had to write UNCLE Tom. Is there anyone else out there who does that or is that just one of my OPI's (Own Personal Issues)?

No comments:

Post a Comment